Stop Procrastinating. Do.
Some of us make lists.
Some of us don't.
Some of us keep the plan.
Some of us won't.
Ever felt like you've put off things? You're not alone.
We procrastinate and put things off because we don't train ourselves to be disciplined.
Think about it:
The more activities and items we place on our (metaphorical) list, the heavier the burden we have chosen to put on ourselves.
Take the time to iron each item off the list. Tell yourself the burden gets lighter after simply completing a task.
Consciously make the effort. If you've thought of taking up that task, you best be on your way to doing it.
Here are a few tips:
- Write the tasks down
- Set a timeline
- Set alerts to remind yourself
- Get a team involved to help motivate you and keep you on track
- Don't take on other tasks until you've finished the ones that you have
- Find a space and give yourself that time to work
- Dream (The joy of fulfilling that task)
If all else fails, put it aside. Use a post it note if necessary. Place it in a place where you will be sure to look (bathroom mirror, fridge, door etc.)
The Creative Strategist
Follow me on Twitter @djsanthou
Check out my latest creative adventure with my good mate Mark: